Saturday, February 14, 2009

Evil Media: Golf Now Dot Com Commercial

I'm watching the last 6 holes of the SBS Open at Turtle Bay, Oahu, Hawaii. It's an LPGA event, Michelle Wie has a one stroke lead.

I'm torn. I don't like Michelle Wie, and I really hope she loses. On the other hand... if she's actually matured... should a dislike of her former behavior prevent one from accepting that teenagers can mature?

But that's not the real point of this post.

Just saw a commerical for GolfNow.com.

I don't even give them the courtesy of making their link into a hotlink.

Middle-aged Man on a computer in the background.

Middle-aged womaan in the foreground, pruning bushes. I paraphrase. "That's my husband back there, pretending to pay bills online. Really, he's booking a Tee-time. He's going to come up in a minute and tell me he's going to play golf tonight, and I'm going to pretend to be annoyed. It's just one more step to getting those new chairs I've always wanted. So everybody wins. Thanks, golfnow.com."

And I'm like... "What the hell is this?" It's the 21st century, women still feel like they have to guilt their husband into buying them things? Worse, do women still feel like that in real life???

You want new furniture? Buy 'em with your own money - assuming you have a job - or play golf with your husband and beat him with a wager on the furniture!

Considering that this commercial takes place during a LPGA event, you'd think any women in the commercials would at least be golfers!

No comments: